Monday, September 14, 2009

Time Flies !!

You know that old saying time flies when you're having fun? Well I've been having a lot of fun since I started blogging and I realized that tomorrow will mark one month since I started this blog! Times goes in a hurry. Well,the guys went fishing overnight so I got a lot of stitching done.I stayed up until almost 3:00 the next morning.I haven't done that in a long time! I watched The Lake House , Must Love Dogs, and Corrina,Corrina. I just love those movies.The guys didn't catch a whole lot of fish, they caught four altogether. I forget to take a picture of the other fish before Jack cleaned them.Glad he saved the biggest for the last .Here it is.



I knitted these socks using Opal sock yarn in their Harry Potter line.The color I chose is "Ron". I think it's a nice fall color.One thing I don't like about knitting striped socks is a lot of times the stripes don't come out the same. If you try to find the same part of the pattern in the yarn to start the second sock to start off with , you may not have enough yarn to knit the other sock.I really like Opal yarn though.It makes nice socks.These socks have wrinkles in them from sitting in the dryer too long.They look like they are different sizes but they aren't.I think it's the wrinkles that make them look that way.





Here is my progress on LHN Home of a Needleworker (Too) . I'm pretty much on the home stretch.Just have to finish the top and bottom borders and there is also a row of what is supposed to be swirled floss?







I am trying to chose my next project.I have been thinking for sometime about doing a piece for my laundry room. It's a toss between NoBees ,No Honey from Birds of a Feather or Ida Mae Crow from The Goode Huswife. The laundry room is across from the Marjolein Bastin bathroom so the Bees piece would go with that and the laundry room is at the end of the kitchen ,which is sort of Shaker style and I think Ida Mae would go ok with that but not so much with the Marjolein stuff. The curtain in the laundry room is sort of a sage green checked fabric so either would match that.Still it's a toss up.Decisions,decisions!



Thank you friends so much for stopping by and for your comments! I appreciate them!

'Til next time,

Happy Stitching!

Sharlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!