Friday, September 18, 2009

Aaahhh Friday!

Greetings all! Thanks for all of the nice comments.They are thoughtful and much appreciated!
Well here it is Friday again.Last day of the school week, YEAH!!! That means I'll have more time for stitching over the next couple of days.Well I have been wanting to do this little pin cushion for some time now and I thought I would just get it done. It is from Hillside Sampling's Gathering Pinecones. It has some tricky speciallty stitches to it.One of which is the point oka stitch ,which I usually always forget where I'm at doing that one, so it may not be real straight. I stitched it on 28 count oatmeal evenweave using a brown DMC for the branches and some Needle Necessities. NN has switched company names and is now Threadworx and they have switched some names around on the colors so I don't know what these are called today. They were Grecian Olive and Serengeti under the NN lable. Peg... can you tell if this is the fabric you were talking about? It looks the same as your BBD. Of course I'll teach you to make buttons.


The brown fabric is what I am going to use for the back of the cushion. My sister gave me a whole bunch of it a few years ago.It's not really my taste so I've been at a loss as to what to do with it.I think it will be perfect for the back.I'm sorry that you can't see much of the detail.Our camera just dosen't send to the blog very clearly.

Well, the bees have it! I've been trying to decide, as some of you may know, on which design to stitch for my laundry area.It was a toss between this one and Ida Mae Crow. I will still stitch Ida Mae someday but for now I like the bees.



I put in some stitches while watching my son bowl yesterday. He only bowls for an hour and a half so this is how far I was able to get.I know it's not much to show now ,but I promise you it will grow over the weekend!


I will leave you today with this thought.... Where ever you wonder,where ever you roam, be happy and healthy and glad to come home. Hmmm. I may have to stitch that on something.

Take care friends,

Sharlotte

3 comments:

  1. I think the pin cushion is very nice. Lovely designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinecones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do belive that it is the fabric that I used on my Trix of Treat piece. I love your stitching and can only wish I could finish my pieces myself. I spend hundreds every year to have someone else finish them. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!