Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'll pass....

Greetings all! Thanks for all of your kind comments and visits to my blog of ramblings.It's appreciated! I usually buy the lastest of the JCS Ornament Issue. I have looked this year's issue over and you know what friends, it just doesn't do it for me. I found maybe two that I might even possibly think about stitching. Just doesn't have enough inspiration for me to go out and fork over the dough for it. For me, last year's issue was lacking too, but not nearly as bad.It seemed like maybe they just threw this one together.I don't know but I think I will pass this year.

There were a few ornaments that jumped out at me last year.One was 'Walt the Malt" from Raise the Roof. I had to do him right away. He is so cute. I made some of the buttons for him as I didn't want to wait for them to come in the mail. I made his carrot nose, the holly leaf and berries, and the peppermint disk. The heart and the star I already had and there is no way on God's green Earth that I would even attempt making those anyway! Maybe I'll have to stitch another for a giveaway soon! Hmmm...Oh ,he's making me think of hot cocoa and I think I have enough time for a cup before I head out! Here's the little guy.



My sister was begging for him the other day and she even told her husband to put him in his shirt pocket . Is this a hint she wants one? I think maybe. ;)


On that note I think I will go join Walt . You all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by.


'Til next time ,


Happy stitching,


Sharlotte

7 comments:

  1. Walt is adorable!!!

    How do you make your own buttons?

    I purchased this year's ornament issue, but only briefly looked through it. First impression is that there are a couple I may stitch, but wondering if it's really worth what I spent. I think each year there is less and less I want to stitch.

    I thought their Halloween issue was terrible. I didn't find ANYTHING I wanted to stitch from it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I haven't seen the issue yet but will soon as my mom got me one. What I saw of the Halloween issue wasn't impressive this year though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walt the Malt turned out very cute, is he a hanging ornament,or just a pillow? Either way I love the way you finished him (for me that's always the hardest part).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walt is such a cutie!! Love your finish!! :)
    I agree with you about the magazine. Seems every year there are fewer and fewer designs included that I want to stitch. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walt the Malt is adorable!! I buy my JCS ornament issues "sight unseen". I have to agree that it looks thrown together. I don't like the new layout at all. But I am OCD and just have to have every issue. I am happy though that there are 5 or 6 ornaments in the 09 issue that I want to stitch. Thanks for visting my blog! We're going camping again in 3 weeks. A fall trip to the mountains. Can't wait. I just hope the weather will cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Walt! He was one of my favorites from last year's book even though I haven't stitched him as of yet. You need to teach me how to finish and make those little buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Walt the Malt! I really like Raise the Roof and their sassy patterns. How on earth did you make the buttons??? I'd love to know! P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog, we like a lot of the same designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!