Friday, September 4, 2009

Past and Present Stitching and Quilting ...Lots of Pics

Welcome all! Thanks for stopping by today ! Since I haven't been blogging long ,I realize that I have a lot around my house that you all haven't seen yet .I decided to post a few stitched pieces, ones I have had stitched for a while and one I have done recently.Also I wanted to post about a quilt that I am working on as well. It is called Pinon Pines and designed by Robert Callaham.He's one of my favorite designers and he is well known for his applique work.Since my applique skills have a lot to be desired I was glad when I found a pattern of his that didn't have any applique.Here it is layed out on my husband's king sized recliner.Have you ever seen one of these things? They're huge! I'm 5'1" and when I sit in it it makes me feel like Lily Tomlin's character when she would do that skit on SNL .You know when she sat in that big chair and would say" and that's the truth"? It's a real comfy chair though. The next pic is a close up of one of the pine blocks.


Next is a piece from LHN titled "Little House Neighborhood".This was a large design to stitch but I knew I had to the moment I seen it.I stitched it on 32 count mushroom luguna and I framed it myself.I stitched this toward the end of last year.Sorry it's not a close up.The camera hasn't been behaving lately and the pics as of late have not been that great.

Here is another LHN piece I stitched in 2006.I stitched it on 28 count oatmeal evenweave. I had a lot of that at one time ,so I used it for awhile on a lot of things.Another stitcher came up with the idea of changing the alphabet portion to read " welcome to our neck of the woods".I liked that so much that I decided to do that as well.It hangs in our living room by the front door.



I can't remember the pattern name of this piece ,but I do remember that it was a Hillside Samplings design.It was stitched again on the oatmeal evenweave using Needle Necessities (now Threadworx) overdyed floss and used a variety of specialty stitches.The next pic is the best I could do for a close up to show a little more detail.Instead of using the porcelain button that the pattern called for ,I used an actual pinecone.I thought it would give it more interest.



This next one is the last one I promise! It is Marjolein Bastin's "America's Feathered Friends" and is a fairly new finish. I found a wonderful barnwood frame at Hobby Lobby that I think will be perfect for it.I'm just waiting for it to go on sale.


Well thank you all so much for taking the time to read through this long post.I do so appreciate it.Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
"til next time,
Sharlotte



2 comments:

  1. Thx for stopping by my blog Sharlotte! Your needlework and quilting is just gorgeous. I love all your framed pieces and your quilt in progress is starting out just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!