Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Have you seen it?

Greetings all! I've been blogging for one month today ! Yeah!!! Well this morning is starting off different than yesterday. Yesterday morning while I was trying to post the internet went wonky.Once we discovered that the problem was not here at home we called our internet provider, which is supplied by a cable company.It was down all over town and not back up and running until late in the afternoon. I also got news from my eye doctor that my pupils are starting to work again.It's just small movement ,but at least it's movement! I have been fighting a battle with iritis for quite some time now.Off and on for 12 years. Because of all the inflamation I have had in my eyes from this .the last time doc dialated my eyes to look in the back for scarring, my pupils just stuck, they stayed open. The inflamation wouldn't allow them to go back to normal.Trying to see to read or even stitch has been a real challenge. He also told me that I didn't have any inflamtion in either one of my eyes yesterday .I haven't had that news in over a year! As you can probably guess, I am in really good spirits in that regard. I was saddened by the news last evening of the passing of Patrick Swayze. One of my very favorite things that he was in is the North and South series. I love movies of that period like The Blue and the Grey ( he wasn't in it) A lot of it was filmed right here in Greene county at Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. More of my favorites with him are Dirty Dancing, Ghost, and To Wong Foo. He was a talent that will be missed by many. Ok, have you seen it?? LHN now has a picture of The Library up on their site, http://littlehouseneedleworks.com/. Go take a peek. I did a little test dying yesterday.Not real big pieces. Just something to get a feel for a it. I used purple ,turquoise, and blue. For one test I used turquoise and blue. I will need to play with the dye a little more to get the hang of it but here is my attempts.






Thank you friends for visiting.

'Til next time,

Happy stitching,

Sharlotte





7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear your eyes are doing better! Congrats.

    The fabric looks beautiful. Love the subtle coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your eyes are doing better- what a blessing! And your fabric looks lovely! I really need to try dyeing my own sometime.

    Thanks for your comment about the fever- it was kind of funny that you posted it cause I had just been thinking something similar- in "Little Women"- the '94 version of the movie, Mrs March comes home and tries to bring Beth's fever down by rubbing her feet- and I was wondering if that really worked? And what you said was quite similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that your eye is getting better.

    Nice dying trial. I like the colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news on the eyes! RIP Patrick Swayze :( He'll be missed. Your fabby looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your eyes are getting better. I've had bouts of Iritis in the past, and know how painful it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news about your eyes! Woot!

    Excellent dyeing results!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!