Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF

Greetings all~ I am so glad that today is Friday, well , in a way. We have company coming tomorrow so that means no putting any of the flylady routine off til the weekend. So I will spend the majority of my day finishing those tasks up. At least it's company I like! So for those of you who have decided to follow along, and I remember that there were a few, do you have a control journal going yet? Just wondering. Remember those zones last all week, don't try and cram it all in to one day. The clutter doesn't happen in one day and can't be controlled in one day. My spell checker today is trying to tell me that flylady isn't a word , or at least spelled incorrectly. Better not tell HER that.
I met a new 'buddy'. She is on the Ties That Bind blog with me and a few others. Her name is Diane and she is so nice. I'm so excited about what I am stitching for her and I hope she likes it. I'll post a picture of it as soon as she lets me know that she has received it. Our partners are not a secret on this particular blog, just what we are stitching. I have been cross stitching as of late, just nothing I can show. :)
After I made my way through several redwork blocks, I thought it would have been really sute done on a tone on tone offwhite. I'm not going to switch in the middle of everything so I will leave it the way it is. Here is another block done. It is the Nasturtium. For fabric in the borders and sashing I was thinking of doing varied red and white fabrics. I am now thinking along those colors still but maybe using Aunt Grace reproduction fabrics instead of florals.






Thank you all for all of your comments yesterday. I will try better to become friends with that nasty word moderation and see how it goes. On another note...I've talked about my dad on the blog from time to time. About all the yard sale and flea market finds he brings me and more recently about him taking Daisy. Well , he had open heart surgery almost 5 years ago. They put him on coumadin to try to regulate his blood. It would either be too thick or too thin. They have a lot of luck using it on patients just not my dad. Anyway for those of you that don't know about it, coumadin has arsenic in it. His heart doctor has had my dad on this off and on all this time since surgery. He was at his primary care doctor for something esle ( dad is almost 78 and has lots of issues) and had specific complaints so the doctor did bloodwork. He found that my dad has liver damage from this medicine so he took him off of it and decided to try something else. He put him on some high power vitamins as well and now my dad will need to come in eery so often to have bloodwork done to see how his liver is doing. Well he went this week to do that and they found a tumor in his arm while tryint to draw blood. Dad's primary care doc is also a surgeon and does many in office preceedures and took the tumor out then and there and sent it off to be biopsied. We are waiting the results. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Hope you all have a marvelous weekend.
'til next time,
Happy stitching!
Sharlotte

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to be so curious but remind me what this item is or will be. Can we see the back? I can see trying something like this on dish towels and giving them as gifts. If I can make a pattern that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the issues your dad is having. I hope these vitamins work and all will be well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely keep your dad in my prayers! I am still in my babysteps on flylady- have not started my journal yet. Last night before I went to bed I realized I hadn't shined my sink(I usually do it after dinner) so I did it real quick. lol I also cleared a hot spot a day or two ago. :) So far so good..
    Your redwork is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that everything will be ok for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and your dad! Hope everything works out for the best! I love the redwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things will be okay for your dad. What a worrying time for you. Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharlotte, your dad is in my thoughts and prayers.

    Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about clutter! We just have to chip away at it bit by bit! Sometimes I get so impatient and want it all gone YESTERDAY!!

    I'll add your dad to my prayers; he sounds like a great guy and animal whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wip looks great-love red! I hope your dad will be well. He'll be in my thoughts. And about moderation....Yes, I'm in the same boat. It's very hard and time consuming to keep up with blogging. I can only hope people understand if I'm not commenting too much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the redwork! Looking forward to seeing all the pics of your secret projects. Hope your dad is ok and the biopsy gives good results. And about WV (word verification) - I hate it, though I know some people have spam. Funny thing is I've never been hit by a spammer in two years until I posted about doing away with WV on blogs...lol - Not enough to make me put it back on yet, though some bloggers have had awful times with spam! It does slow down commenting, but everyone has to figure what works best for them. C'est la vie! I just keep on reading blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!