Monday, January 11, 2010

Just incase you wondered...

Greetings dear blogging buddies~ I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine went pretty well but we were COLD! Worked on my "what did I do today" lists and it was amazing what all I had written down that I got accomplished. I'm not feeling so depressed now that I see that I am accomplishing much more than I realized. Thanks Jennifer! I owe you one! Still haven't made that snowman yet though, the snow hasn't been packable.
I haven't had much cross stitching on the blog lately , so I thought you all might be wondering if I still stitch. Yep , sure do. I just usually switch gears in the fall and winter to quilting and knitting. I did get this little prim/country style box done over the weekend. I had the stitching done for quite some time and had just not got around to finishing it out. It is taken from Little House Needleworks Little House Neighborhood. I changed the colors just a tad. I didn't get it on the box completely straight , but I guess that just adds to the prim style charm. :) The tie around the lid has a raw edge to allow it to kind of fray over time .I thought that would make it look cute.
My mother-in-law painted a box for me a few Christmases ago . I keep a tablet of paper and a pencil inside. Makes it nice and handy for grabbing it to write down what all I've done or for whatever. The marble top coffee table itself came from my husband's grandmother when she moved in with his aunt after his grandfather passed away last January. I don't vacuum under it unless my husband is home. It's super heavy to move!


We went fabric hunting over the weekend to try to find something for that naked window that's been bugging me. I bought a few yards and brought it home and draped it across the window to get an idea of what it might look like. I still have to take it down and sew up the edges , but here's an idea of what it will look like. Better than nothing don't you think? :)

I did a little knitting on some socks for Alex. I will show the progress later. He's been begging me for some time now to knit him some and I thought now was a good time. I also worked some on his quilt. Other than shopping and housework , we didn't do much else. We did watch a few movies over the weekend. They were "Groundhog Day" , "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", and "The Fugitive". We also watched some History Channel stuff.

Flylady update~ on target and ready for Zone 3! That's it for me today. Thank you all so much for all of your wonderful comments . They make my day!
'til next time,
Happy stitching,
Sharlotte




14 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs :-)
    Love your box finish, the colours are so pretty. The table runner it is sitting on is very nice too! Did you make it as well?
    It is a good idea to have paper and a pen on hand, I can usually never find any when I need it! Like what you are doing with the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric for the window treatment works really well. You just have a knack for decor don't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your LHN box top turned out! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LHN box is lovely! What a nice painted box too, perfect for some paper and a pen. The fabric for your window looks like it will work very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The LHN box turned out very cute, I love just about all their designs. And the curtains look nice, I like the colors in them. Believe me your not the only one whose been living with naked windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats funny what parsley said luv ya mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your LHN box is very cute! That tie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex thought I was funny? haha I wasn't trying to be. I don't have curtains in my living areas. Oops! I thought you fixed your window treatment up nicely. I suppose I should try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LHN box is beautiful! Nice window treatments and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. parsley what i ment was your right she does have a knack for decorating

    ReplyDelete
  11. The LHN box is so cute, Sharlotte--I love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice finishing touch on your box Sharlotte. It's nice to pick up some other hobbies for a change of pace. Keep up the great work and stay warm.....it's cold outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sharlotte..love the LHN box! And the box painted by your mil! The fabric looks like it will work nicely.
    Are you talkin' about the punchneedle sheep by Mary Jo Wylie in the April 06 issue of CM? Drop me an email jehess4@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!