Monday, January 18, 2010

Doing a jig of glee...

Greetings all~ I am doing a jig of glee this morning. Today is my 100th post! I must admit when I started I didn't know how long I would stay with it. I even considered stopping the blog at the beginning of the year. You know, the moderation thing I talked about last week? Anyway, I started getting to know a few of you a little more and if I stopped now, you'd forget about me! LOL! Anyway I am quite excited that I made it to 100. I still have a way to go to get to my blogaversary , but time flies and it will be here before I know it!
Well , as I metioned on Friday , we had company this weekend. I spent my time on Friday catching up on flylady. Now I am already to go on Zone #4. Of those of you that's been following, how are you all doing with this? We threw away 2 bags of stuff this weekend and boy did it feel good! When you first start, it all feels like it weighs a ton of bricks, but then as you get rid of stuff and clutter and can actually find something that helps you keep up with it all, you feel lighter.
Well for those of you that have been reading, you know I haven't had much to report on as far as stitching goes. I did finish up an exchange piece this weekend and even got it into finished form. Yeah! another jig of glee! I even got a piece framed that I have had done for a while. It is from Stoney Creek Magazine called " Love You A Latte". Good time of year to have it framed and up , no? On the actual pattern it says friends instead of family, but I thought that the friends would be more appropriate if I were giving it to a friend. So instead I stitched in family. Here it is all framed and hung.



Here's a little closer look.



Didn't really do much else this weekend other than cleaning, finishing the exchange , framing, and visiting with the company. Saturday night we did watch the first "Ghostbusters" movie. About half an hour into it I got really tired and scooted off to bed.
Well dear blogging buddies, that it for me today! Thank you all for you commenting, I really do appreciate it!
'til next time,
Happy Stitching!
Sharlotte

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 100 posts Sharlotte! I am glad you didn't give up on the blog :-)
    Love your finish, it is lovely and the frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching and nice frame on the finished latte, you can never have too many cuppas!
    And a big congrats on your 100th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! 100 posts! Congrats! So glad that you did not give up on the blog. Way to go on keeping up with your zones...I know it must feel good. Lovely finish and I like that you changed friends to family. The frame is also perfect with it. It makes me want to find a smaller project to start on. All I have are these BIG projects going right now. You have inspired me to scuttle off and find something a wee bit smaller and cozier to stitch. Thanks Sharlotte...Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on that 100 post. Way to go girl!!!
    It has been fun checking out your blog. Keep it up.
    Love your "Latte" stitch. Very pretty framed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great...bet it feels good to have it done! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH I need a patter of that! So perfect! Of course tea is good too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Latte" is very cute! Great frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 100 posts!

    Your Latte piece looks awesome framed up for the kitchen/dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100 posts. YGG! Love your latte piece. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 100 posts - congratulations!!! Dear only knows how long it will take me to reach that milestone!!! What a nice frame for your latte piece, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your 100 posts!! And your finish is so cute! I am still in my baby steps in flylady- was thinking this morning I need to find a/some protective sleeve(s) for my control journal. All it is right now is a binder with blank paper in it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for being such a sweet blogging friend and your comments. I feel uplifted!

    I wouldn't want to break copywrite laws but would love the info on the title, maker, etc of the coffee stitching project so I can look for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!