Friday, January 8, 2010

Moose and dogwood

Greetings~ As we move in to the weekend I am pondering what I will be doing .Staying inside mostly with as cold as it is. Well, with the exception of building a snowman with my son like I promised. :) Most likely will do some more redwork, work on flylady zone for this week, do general housework, and work on Alex's quilt. Yesterday a post on another blog , Jennifer of feathersinthenest.blogspot.com to be exact, got me to thinking about what all I get done in one day. Jennifer had mentioned what all she had done in one day, and I realized that I have never wrote that down for myself. So yesterday I tried it.
This is what I did:

cleaned and dusted the living room
read for a bit
posted on blog
worked on an exchange piece while watching Dr . Quinn
assisted with Alex's schoolwork
did a load of laundry
cooked breakfast and lunch
traced another redwork pattern
stitched on that pattern
baked a batch of snickerdoodles
baked cornbread for dinner, hubby cooked the rest
worked on Alex's quilt
checked comments on blog and posted comments on a few others
worked on flylady zone for the week
fell asleep while watching Home Improvement.
It wasn't until I wrote down everything that I realized what all I was getting done. I'm sure some of your task lists would be longer and some shorter. It would be interesting to see what you all do.
Here is some more progress on Alex's "Winter at the Lodge" quilt. I don't think you can really see much of the handquilting in the picture. It was pretty bright by the window. It's been months I think since I showed any work on it.I really need to get it done soon!



Here is another redwork block done. It is the Dogwood and is block #4. I am going to be doing them in order from here on out I think. Again , for any of you interested, you can still download the 12 Days of Redwork for free by visiting http://alexandersonquilts.com/

Flylady update: still working on zone for the week. Should finish up this weekend.

Thank you all for all of your comments on the redwork blocks and the fabric bobbins. Yesterday Peg asked if I was going to be making holes in the bobbins so they could be placed on a ring. Nope, haven't gotten that brave! LOL!

Hope you all have a great weekend , and STAY WARM!!

'til next time,

Sharlotte

10 comments:

  1. I've spent a day writing down what I did in a day. LOL

    Good thing women can do more than one household task at a time.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do so much in one day don't we? I might get a little stressed if I wrote it all down (grin). Thanks for following my blog. I'm really inspired by the projects you have on here. Stitching is something I really want to get back into this year...it's been awhile since I've done any. I'm hoping to learn punchneedle embroidery too. I'm glad I found your blog and look forward to more posts from you. Oh, I'm in good old Missouri too so I guess that sort of makes of neighbors.

    Have a great weekend.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow; the moose looks really good--reminds me of the Woolworth's themed goods I've been seeing at Target for a little while now--only nicer.

    I LOVE snickerdoodle cookies!! Yumm!! When I get really sick they are the only thing I will eat, lol. Yet, I've never made any. I need to try it soon. In the meantime, can I just come to your house and eat all of yours? ;)

    I'm not looking forward to our heating bill, either. And, I have also been stitching on an exchange. I'm doing the finishing now, and it's really been a bear! I need to level up on my skills for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the same post and I like your idea of writing down what you do in a day! Its encouraging isn't it.

    Flylady is a great housework/organizing tool. I like her website too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty redwork!! I had a long day yesterday- work then dinner(ate out), zumba class, and Hanna had a book report and two tests today, so we were up for awhile studying for those. Spelling is not her strong suit. She whizzed right through the science though! I'm looking forward to the weekend!
    You know, I was reading something about power bills the other day- it was saying if you keep your thermostat at 68 or 69 instead of the 70's (don't know where you keep yours) and just wear a sweater or sweatshirt, it can save you quite a bit on your power bill. Just an FYI! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for turning me on to Flylady! Maybe I'll manage to get a grip after all. Isn't it amazing how much better you can feel by writing down what you DID instead of focusing on what you didn't do? Congratulations!

    Loving the moose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing Alex's quilt when it's finished! From the looks of that block, I'm sure to love it!
    I got the link to the redwork on a forum and been thinking about starting them...I thought I had talked myself out of it...now I'm not so sure! LOL It would make a nice gift for someone next Christmas.
    I sometimes make lists to begin my day then I just make a mental note of what did or didn't get done. I've had days when I thought I hadn't gotten anything accomplished but then really thought about it and there would end up being quite a list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And where does the time go??? Good idea - makes you see what you really accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see Moose quilt finished! It's so outdoorsy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the moose and the embroidery! Lovely progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!