Friday, January 29, 2010

An exchange for Diane and a little help please...

Hi everybody!~ So are you all staying warm? We had a couple of nice days here and then it got cold again and the weatherman is calling for snow and ice. It is just now starting to snow a little . The accumulation is supposed to between 5-9 inches! Oh well, I can think Spring and stitch Spring right? Maybe that will trick my brain!
I have been participating in a couple of exchanges and one was with Diane as I mentioned when I showed that wonderful pincushion she sent me. I stitched for her as well and made my first bourse! I had a lot of fun with it. I stitched part of the BBD "Be Kind and True" and added a couple of things from the pattern in a couple of different places. I stitched it on 28 count evenweave that I dyed myself using DMC. I used a sage green moire fabric for the outside to lend more of an antique look. I used mother of pearl buttons at the corners. This is a finish that I really enjoyed doing and will do again. Diane has let me know that it arrived so it is now safe to show a picture.



I made the card with the Cricut Expression of course. Man I love that thing!!




As I mentioned I would do, I started back on the Stripes piece from Shepherd's Bush. I don't really like the way the threads kind of blend in with the linen from the kit. I remember Edgar mentioning that a while back. I see what he means. I think it will "pop" once it's all done though. I haven't gotten very far , but here's my progress so far.



Ok...now for the help. I would like to stitch "Where My Heart Blooms" by Blackbird Designs this year. Problem is , this pattern has been discontinued and the needlework shop I go to can't get it for me. I was wondering if one of you wonderful stitchers that had this pattern would be willing to loan it to me? I would stitch it as soon as possible and would take excellant care of the pattern . You would receive something stitched by me of my choosing as a "thank you" as well. I'd appreciate any help!

Thank you all friends for all of your wonderful, wonderful comments!
'til next time,
Happy Stitching!
Sharlotte

14 comments:

  1. HI Sharlotte--contact me, as I would be more than happy to let you have my chart for as long as you need it! It is not in the rotation for THIS year! :)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Sorry I can't help you with the Blackbird-Designs chart, but I see you've already gotten an offer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bourse is great. That card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bourse! I love your WIP and I agree it will totally pop when it's finished. Your card is amazing :)
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful little bourse. I love the fabric. Your card is very sweet too. Sorry, I can't help you with your chart but I am sure someone will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finish and your start! Sorry that I can't help on that BBd; good luck for finding it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your borse is beautiful!! And your WIP looks great too! And I know what you mean about the fabric for the SB piece. I've felt that way too on a few occasions, but when the piece is completed it really does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you are working on the SB Stripes. I thought you might like it. How is your sister coming along with her kit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know if you still need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous job on the bourse, card, and piece for Diane, Sharlotte! You have been a very busy lady!

    Good luck with the pattern hunt...sorry I couldn't help you with it!

    HAPPY STITCHIN'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Be Kind and True" is such a lovely design. Your finish is wonderful! I think that once you finish Stripes, the colors will pop. As you know, I am having the same misgivings! I just remember that when I frame my pieces the linen always looks lighter (usually from the white backing) so I think our threads will work on the Natural linen.

    Unfortunately, I don't have the design that you are looking for...hope you find it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bourse, Sharlotte! The BBD and other stitching is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!