Monday, January 25, 2010

Merry Monday!!

Hello everybody! Happy Monday! I'm so glad to be up and running after being gone for a few days. I have peeked in on a few blogs to comment but I didn't dare trust the internet to work long enough for a post. Looks like it's back to working full time again.
I started on America from LHN . It's the pattern that I bought when we went to Cecilia's last week. I've wanted to stitch it ever since she first published it , don't know what has taken me so long! I've already been thinking of a frame . I think I am going to put it in a navy blue one. I'd like to get it done this week so I can start back on the Stripes from Shepherd's Bush. I will of course be working on the redwork as well. Oh boy, speaking of that , I found yet another redwork pattern that I MUST do. I'll get those other blocks finished first before starting on it.


I also played around with my Cricut Expression this weekend. I have been wanting to have a 'catch all' box for the dresser in our bedroom. I worked on this box using the vinyl. First time I used it and I like it. Our bedroom is decorated in the lodge look so I think this box with fit in nicely don't you?


Here's one side....


and the other.



Well dear blogging buddies, time is short this a.m. so I will be on my way. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a great week!

'til next time,

Happy stitching,

Sharlotte

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sharlotte, glad your internet is working for you now. I love the America piece and a navy frame would look great. I decorate my family room with the "patriotic" look so I really love this one...I'll have to look for that pattern.

    I'm getting so many good ideas from your blog.

    Have a great day.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty work! I imagine I'll have some progress to show soon. Slow going. A stitch here and there with many distractions in between.

    Thanks for your comments. You're a great blogging buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are up and running, Sharlotte! America is looking great and I cannot wait to see the finished product! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colour of the white "house" on the darker linen you've chosen. Will you tell what they are? :D I'm starting Fox and Grapes by Prairie Schooler soon, and am thinking over what I'll use for the house in it. I'm thinking GAST Parchment--but what linen!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Berit,
    The linen I am using for America is 28 count Dirty Linen. Not sure of the manufacturer. The colors on the house are DMC #'s 644 & 712. Hope that helps. I would have used the Heatherfield that the pattern called for but one, heatherfield is being discontinued so the shop was out, and two , even if they had it I probably would have went with something darker as the house would have been swallowed up by the light background.You know how that goes I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your internet is working again. What a nice LHN start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my....I've wanted to stitch this too...and I have the pattern just never have stitched it. Maybe I'll get going on that soon...
    Yours is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to stitch that patern and haven't gotten around to it yet! Love how your box came out too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!