Thursday, January 7, 2010

Redwork and bobbins

Greetings all~ I hope you all are staying warm and cozy! It is still in the low low temps here and we got more snow last night. Our furnace has been running a lot. I hate to see the heating bill when it comes!!
I have finished another 12 Days of Redwork block. This one is actually the first one in the series so I'm obviously not doing them in order. : ) It is the sweet pea. Just 9 more to go! I am seriously thinking now of adding some other redwork hearts to this as I'm not really wanting to do this as a wall hanging and the blocks are working up pretty small. I was wanting to increase the size a bit but I couldn't get the printer to do it. However size it ends up, I know it will look really cute.


I have also been working on some fabric covered bobbins. I have seen them on various sites so there really isn't one particular one that I followed. I liked making them and plan on making more. They're actually kind of fun once you get the hang of it. It's a great way to use up little fabric scraps that you aren't sure what else to do with them. I haven't made any with different fabrics on both sides but I suppose that would be cute too.

Not much going on in my creative world right now. Been trying to play catch up with a few other things. I will probably pull a few things out to work on since I won't be out and about much with this snow! Take care all and hope you all have a super day!

'til next time,

Sharlotte

12 comments:

  1. It is SO COLD here all there is to do is cleaning and stitching! Actually we homeschool so that too but egads! it's bitterly cold! In the teens today, single digits tonight!

    Love your red needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Redwork! It's going to be so cute. I have to say that I love stitching Redwork, but don't always love the results. (Not enough color or something.) It helps to get it into a quilt with other fabrics to add interest. I think it will be a cute wall hanging, but you could add other quilt blocks to make it a lap quilt. That would be great!
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Redwork and the bobbins. Are you covering a plastic bobbin with fabric or making them some other way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the redwork! I think it's going to be darling when it's finished. And I really like the fabric covered bobbins. What a great way to use up those bits of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the fabric covered bobbins! How cute they are. Are you going to have the holes in the tops so they can be put on a ring? It is really cold here......I can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what neat idea for the bobbins. You also can do them out of pretty cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the redwork! The fabric covered bobbins are a neat idea. I'd say you've been creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bobbins! What a wonderful way to used up little bits of fabric! I haven't stitched any redwork as I fear my stitches will be wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fabric covered bobbins are so pretty, Sharlene! Love the redwork, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharlotte, oh my I love those cute fabric bobbins! Adorable!! Your redwork is perfection too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the redwork, Sharlotte! The bobbins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bobbins are lovely! I've seen them around, but haven't gotten the courage to try them yet :) What kind of glue do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!