Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm not June Cleaver!

Greetings all! Don't have much to report today. I worked some last night on a Christmas ornament exchange and a tiny bit on Berry Time. I tried like the dickens to get some housework done. There just isn't enough hours in the day to get it all done. I have days that I try so hard to get it all done that I wind up getting nothing done! I dream of a life where I get the housework all done, and stay caught up on it. I have dinner ready at a somewhat desirable hour, have the house smelling wonderful. a beautiful dessert to go with dinner, and all is well. Well.... this chick isn't June Cleaver, so NOT going to happen! :o) I wish it could .Really though, I often wonder how in the world our moms did it all. I think they deserve a lot more appreciation thrown thier way don't you? I know that I am not the only one that can't get it all done. Sad but true. Calgon take me away!

Okay, now that I have blown off some steam, I'm done with my gripefest! For now! LOL! I leave you this morning with a piece I stitched a couple of years ago.It's LHN's Plant Kindness. It hangs on the wall of the family/game room. Maybe one of these days we'll actually be able to use it as a family at the same time. Here's hoping!
Thanks so very much for the comments on Jack's Salem Inn piece. He is very thrilled that everyone likes it. So far everyone at his work has like it too! That's it today folks!
'Til next time,
Happy stitching!
Sharlotte

5 comments:

  1. June Cleaver did not work outside the home, and she sent her kids off to school every day, so the house was not getting 'used' during the day. Less to pick up later... We also never saw the Cleavers when they were young, which is when they mess up the house. By the time the show is on, they are very grown up! So, hope this eases your mind some Sharlotte! Have a great day doing ALL that you do!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice finish! And don't feel bad about your house- just think of it as lived in and comfortable! If you think your house looks bad think of mine, dh and I both work outside the home! lol Alot of my cleaning has to be done on weekends- blah. Though we have assigned some tasks to Hanna to earn her allowance so that helps out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharlotte, you sound just like me. I'm not June Cleaver either, and sometimes it seems like the chores are neverending. Plant Kindness looks great. I love LHN designs. And I meant to tell you before that I love the spelling of your name with an S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done Plant Kindness too, but yours looks way better. I didn't take the time to make sure I used the darker strands of the variegated threads so it was harder to see the detail in the leaves. Yours looks great though. And I can totally relate on the housework front, I think every mother can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about the housework! It always seems like there is something looming that needs to be done. I'm glad that we're getting to the time of the year that the outside stuff has screeched to a halt, at least!

    Your Plant Kindness is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!