Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A family with a heavy heart

Greetings all. Our family has a heavy heart this morning. Yesterday morning my son's hamster Lionel was just fine. Then later in the day we noticed that he was moving really slow and his spine was in a huge curve . Late last night he was hardly breathing so my husband decided to go ahead and get a hole dug because we knew what was coming. We went to bed and when we got up this morning, sure enough he was gone. My son's heart is just breaking and mine is breaking for him. The only thing that we can figure out is that he often times would crawl across the top of his cage and he must have fallen wrong and got a bad injury. We always kept his food dish on the side when my son would feed him. Lionel was funny because he'd always scoot back out into the middle. He was a sweet little thing and didn't bite like most hamsters do. We will all miss him.
If anyone is interested in sending Alex condolences , you can either do it here or on his blog at http://aboyandhiscomputer.blogspot.com/
'Til next time,
Sharlotte

7 comments:

  1. Oh how sad. It can be hard on kids when they lose a pet. I hope he is okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor thing! I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those things are so sad for kids. My daughter still goes down to where we buried Teddy-bear (our little dog that got hit by a car) and she's 21! They become such members of the family. I have left your son a little note, and I know how your mother's heart breaks too. I'm praying for comfort over your household.
    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I'm so sorry for your son. I know how hard losing a pet can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little guy. I'm sorry for your son's loss. My dd has a cute little brown and white mouse and I know there will be a flood of tears when we lose him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww...Lionel was such a cutie. I'm so sorry for your son's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of your pet!! He was a sweet looking hamster!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!