Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Help me, I'm at it again!!!!

Greetings dear friends and blogging buddies!~ I hope you all are doing well and having a lovely start to your day! Yesterday I mentioned about my neighbor getting shot. I do hope that he is doing well but there is more to this story . There has been shady activity going on there for years and after things that we have seen and heard throughout the time we've lived here, we're really not surprised that it happened. When there is all kinds of different cars coming by day and night that only stay 5 minutes or less ,it doesn't take a body long to figure out what is going on. About 3 weeks ago , we had to call the police ourselves because my husband found drug parafanailia in our trash can outside. They were pretty sure where it had come from. Now before you all ask me why we haven't moved, we have thought of that many many times. When we start to get some money set aside something always comes up. The refridgerator goes out , can't be fixed and has to be replaced, the car brakes down , and so forth and there goes the savings. I'm sure lots of you can relate. Hopefully one day though. Stranger things have happened right?
*******
Moving on....I've done it again! I started another project before finishing another! I like the bell pull, it wasn't boring me or anything like that. It's just that I was going through my stash this past weekend looking for another pattern and ran across another one that I've had for awhile and just couldn't shake wanting to start it. It is Joy in the Journey from Diane Williams before Little House Needleworks was birthed. This was back when she was doing some designing for Leisure Arts. This design is so cute and I just can't wait until it is done so I can get it up and framed. I don't have a spot picked out yet , but I'll find one!
Speaking of Diane Williams and Little House Needleworks, does anyone have LHN's Psalm 145 that they would be willing to loan me or swap for LHN's Winter Whites ? I would take extra good care of it and would stitch you something in return. The last one I borrowed ,I didn't keep for very long at all. My budget is pretty tight and I just can't spend extra on more stash right now and would really like to stitch it.
******
Well my sister is in town from Wisconsin and will be leaving bright and early in the morning so I'm not sure if I will get any stitching done today or not. We only see her a couple of times a year and sometimes just once, so I think I can put the stitching down for a bit! I should have taken a picture of her yesterday while she was here to put on the blog, but she hadn't showered yet and put on make up and all of that. You know how we women are! :)
*******
Don't forget, if you haven't entered the drawing yet , you can do so HERE .
That's it for me. I need to get off of here and put some laundry in. Kinda getting things backwords today,I'm supposed to put my laundry in first thing in the a.m. Shhh...don't tell Flylady!!
'till next time,
Don't be a stranger,
Sharlotte

17 comments:

  1. Oh Sharlotte - you make me laugh. What a pretty new start! Have a wonderful visit with your sister. I am visiting with mine right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute design! Looking through my stash is lethal when stitching something, as I always find something else to stitch...

    Enjoy the time with your sister :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty start--plus you're so far along already!

    Enjoy your time with your sister, and sorry I don't have that LHN pattern to help you out with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlotte, I can understand were you are coming from, I can never have only one project on the go, right now its is "three" plus a few ufos that will be finish one day (vg)
    Enjoy the time with your sister
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so understand about living next to people like that and it's not easy to just up and move any time you want! We were finally able to last August, and I am so thankful to be out of there!

    Can't wait to see your finished stitching!

    Have a good time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharlotte,
    I looked on line to see what LHN Psalm 145 looks like. I do have it in my stash, I am almost sure. I will look before I go to the needlework shop. I'll let you know in a few hours,okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can so relate to everytime you get some extra set aside, something happens!! Been there and done that!

    Love your new start!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God will protect and open your path in due time. In the mean while, be watchful and super careful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found it. I'll try to email you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharlotte,
    My computer will not let me see your email address in your profile. Can you please email me at mine? It is mrebec4@q.com. We can "talk" so you can get the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always loved this design. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy the time with your sister. It looks like one of your posters has the pattern for you. I'm so glad!

    I hope the issues in your neighborhood resolve themselves quickly or that things work out that you can move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet new start! Have fun with your sister and I hope the goings-on with your neighbour resolve themselves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable new start! Enjoy the time with your sister, and hang in there with the goings-on with the neighbors. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, Sharleen--I am sorry to read about your neighborhood issues--that is very scary indeed!

    I've always loved "Joy in the Journey" and have it in my stash to stitch one of these days... Meanwhile, I'll enjoy watching your journey as you work on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely new start! I have "Praise God" bellpull kitted and ready to stitch. I've loved it since it came out in the 90's, but never stitched it. I just found your blog and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great new start! I am glad you have a case of startitis too. I never let not having a finish get in the way of a start. You should see people's faces when they see how much I have going on...lol.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!