Thursday, April 15, 2010

A bell-pull start

Greetings all!~ I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday! It was a balmy 78 here with the sunshining and just the right amount of breeze every now and then. It's due to be another fabulous day today as well.
If you've followed my blog for very long , you know that my dad comes up with some goodies for me from time to time. A couple of years ago he came across some cross stitch magazines that he knew I would like. In one of them was a pattern for a bell pull. I'm not overly coo-coo for them , but this one particular one was one I knew I must stitch someday. As I mentioned yesterday, I got a few stitches put into it and this is what I have gotten done so far.
What the finish will somewhat look like.


The pictures aren't very clear I know, but I hope the photo of the finished product will turn out better.

********

Yesterday Berit asked if I did anything specific with the pattern to get the floss to "fall" the way it did. On the pattern, there are sections that are marked with different symbols so that the colors on the house will be different in those particular spots. Everyone's house that does this pattern is going to look somewhat different because, as you all know, each overdyed skein is different from one skein to the next. I like the look the different shades give to this house. Makes it look like an authentic saltbox house don't you think?

Yesterday , Judy also had a question , but I answered that within the comments so if you haven't read back over them , that's what that answer is.

******

Thank you all for your continued visits, and for the warm and wonderful comments yesterday. I appreciate them!

'till next time,

don't be a stranger,

Sharlotte

17 comments:

  1. I think this will be very pretty when done. It looks great so far.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got loads done! It looks lovely :-)
    Really nice of your dad too keep an eye out for things for you :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this bell pull is a real cutie. I love the sheepies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlotte - Your start looks wonderful. It's going to be so pretty when it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty bell pull. I am sure it will be stunning when done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, Sharlotte, I love your Where My Heart Blooms finish! It is gorgeous and I am just now reading that post!

    Also love what I see in this bellpull beginning, can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous Bell Pull - I'm sure it will be a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I think I have this mag in my stash. What a beautiful new project. Looking forward to seeing updates on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it was charted at "one colour" but had different symbols as in "stitch this first" and then go back and fill in?

    That's great; i was thinking of doing that on something I'm charting up! :D Yet another way to use those overdyeds. I've been on a DMC kick (I know--of all things!?), but I do love some cotton overdye!

    I think your Bell-pull will be nice. I'm not nuts for them either, but I have something I'm thinking of finishing that way myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...I was just pulling out my old magazines the other week and saw this bell pull...I have always admired it yet not done it....I cannot wait to see your progress...Who knows I may have to put this on my list~~~ Love your blog, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So interesting to see that you started this bell pull. My mother requested a bell pull for Mother's Day and of course since I have always wanted to do this one myself someday, I choose this one to do for her.
    Please keep posting your progress as it will keep me going too. You've got a better start than I, thank goodness mother's understand how life creeps in to steal stitching time away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I remember seeing this pattern before! I wonder if I have this magazine somewhere in my stash! The sheep are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems the sheep are a HIT! I also adore them? Do you think you can tell me what issue that magazine is... maybe I can hunt one down. I don't have any in stash as I have not been stitching that long! You are a FAST stitcher! I cannot believe you already finished Where My Heart Blooms! Congrats--it is lovely!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bellpull looks so nice and you already have a great progress to show. And wow, what a wonderful finish you had in your last post. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharlotte,

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that bell pull!! I too am not "coo coo" over bell pulls but I do love that one! What issue of "Cross Stitch Sampler" is that? I have to get that pattern!

    Your Where My Heart Blooms finish is, as always, fabulous! I love the colors and the variation on the house...makes it look real!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the new start! It's going to be a beautiful bell pull.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!