Monday, August 31, 2009

SNAFU!

Hello all!
Well the weekend didn't go quite as planned.My son did go to my brother's for the weekend.My husband Jack didn't go fishing.Instead he spent the weekend unexpectedly on our leaking toilet.It was quite a headache for him ,but he was able to fix it as he always seems to be able to fix just about anything.All I can say about the toilet is thank God for second bathrooms! Dinner was a sinch and mostly I didn't have to mess with it.It was Vonna's E-Z chicken and dumplings in the crock pot.It was very easy and oh so very good.Thanks Vonna for posting the recipe!

We've had our dog Brittney for about 11 years now.We got her as a pup.Lately she has seemed to be very very lonely.All of a sudden, Jack decided to go look at dogs while taking a break from his manly duties as Mr. Toolman.So we checked the local Humane Society and seen lots of beautiful dogs but none we seemed to warm up to or thought would be good for Brittney.Then we ran across one that was on Craig's List and drove about 30 miles round trip to go see her. Oh we fell in love with her instantly and she with us,so... Daisy came home with us.She's a big girl.She's a 6 month old pup ,but very big for her age and VERY,VERY strong. She kept trying to climb in the front seat with us while driving down the interstate.Finally,we had to pull over so we wouldn't wreck the car.I-44 is not a place you want to pull over on ,but what's a body to do? I think she and Brittney will be best buds soon.They still have to get used to each other ,but I think it is happening pretty quickly. Brittney is a black lab/great pyranese (sp?) mix and Daisy is a great dane/ boxer mix.The lady we got Daisy from said that she is great dane and shepherd ,but the vet says she is great dane and boxer.We'll go with the vet as she doesn't resemble a shepherd other than a black muzzle.I'll get pictures up of the girls soon.

I did manage to get some stitching done with all the chaos.Not as much as I would have liked,but as you know my plans changed from what they were on Friday.All in all I think I did pretty well.I got some stitching done on an Exchange piece so I won't show progress on that.I did get some more stitching done on some WIP's and couldn't resist starting on yet another fall piece.Will I ever get them all done? I know I will the exchange piece because I made a commitment and I intend to stick to it.The others I'm not sure when they will be done.Oh well! The first one is of progress on Marjolein Bastin's "The Pecking Order".Next is "Sleep Hallow " from The Cross-Eyed Cricket.Last ,but not least is "Pumpkin Harvest" from The Trilogy which I changed the floss colors to ones I had on hand.I am stitching it on an oatmeal evenweave that I bought quite some time ago at Hobby Lobby.Like most everything else I liked there,they don't sell it anymore.Wish I had some more .Here they are in all there glory!

Hope you all have a great week!Happy Stitching!

Sharlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!