Monday, November 23, 2009

Some finishes to share

Greetings all! Well the guys are back from the deer hunting trip so that means I get to use the camera again! Yeah!! For all of those who are wondering, nope ,no deer :( . There is still the muzzle loading season and the atlerless season, so hopefully then. While they were gone I did a lot of decluttering and also I got a lot of stitching done. Since I was excited that I got to have the camera ,I thought I would take some pictures of the things I've stitched. I worked a bit on Alex's flannel quilt too ,but I'll save a picture of it for when I get it done.
First , here is the Be Ye Thankful that I won from Jolene all finished. I decided to finish it in slip on style for a pillow . That way I can stitch other things for other seasons and be able to keep using the same pillow base. The cases will store a lot easier than a ton of pillows.



Here is a little closer look. The camera isn't taking very clear pictures, I think it is getting old.



Jolene is just full of surprises! I went to check my mail the other day and low and behold I find a package from her! Inside was a Pine Mountain Designs pillow sham that I have been wanting for a long time. Even though Halloween had already passed , I couldn't resist stitching it up. These things go so fast, it only took me the part of a couple of days to do. I love the way it turned out! Thanks dear one! I had so much fun with it!




Next is my version of I Love Snow from Bent Creek. The pattern was gifted to me from Dee http://tangledupinsticksandstring.blogspot.com/ She is my Monday great blog shout out today. If you like knitting as well as stitching , you will love her blog. I've enivous of her Catherine socks. I really like Dee's color choices for the nose and cheek better than the pattern colors that I used. I'm thinking about taking those out before getting him into finished form. Thank you so much for the pattern Dee. I loved stitching this little guy!






I also got the Rose Sampler from Little House Needleworks done. I stitched it on some wonderful pink linen from Silkweavers that I recieved from my beCAUSE It's Pink partner. Thanks again Caroline! This was the perfect linen for this. I will make it into a project keeper/ stitching pouch. I have the perfect fabric for it, just got to get it into finished form.


Hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks everyone for commenting on the quilt. I really appreciate it.

'til next time,

Sharlotte

8 comments:

  1. What a happy monday--so many lovelies before my eyes. REally cute finishing on that Halloween Pattern--I don't care what part of the year it is (okay, maybe not ON Turkey day itself or from Dec 18th-26th (my unofficial official "Christmas Week"), but otherwise... Rose is so gorgeous; looking forward to seeing how you do her finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharlotte, your 'Be ye thankful ' is beautiful . I will have to order this leaflet to do in the future. All your other stitcheries are lovely. Have a great Thanksgiving( we already had ours in October)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy little bee!!! It all looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...look at all the pretties :) Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of finishes. I love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, you HAVE been a busy lady while the boys were away! They are all beautifully done, Sharlotte! It was well worth the wait...LOL!

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    HAPPY STITCHIN'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, everything is beautiful, Sharlotte!! Lovely. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They just make my day! Thanks for your visit today!